Site Meter

Sunday, April 24, 2005

The real origin of intelligence failures is shown here.


"I explained to Christian that it was a political judgment as to how to interpret this data, and the I.C. should do as we asked and sanitize my language as long as sources and methods are not compromised," Mr. Fleitz wrote to Mr. Bolton, referring to the intelligence community.

In fact "it was a political judgement as to how to interpret this data" could be the slogan of the Bush administration. I won't nitpick and point out that, while there is only one internets, data are plural. I will note that the Bush administration is clearly convinced that the interpretation of data is and should be a political matter. They don't make this so clear in their public announcements.

Finally I wonder if Mr Fleitz is still employed by the U.S. government and, if so, why ?

No comments: