Site Meter

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Rightwing Bloggers: More stupid than you imagine possible even when you take into account the fact that they are more stupid than you imagine possible.

I am kicking myself for not posting a question about US conservatives when I saw video of US troops applauding and photographing Obama. I recalled the conservative who was surprised that homeless people have cell-phone cameras, and seriously considered asking if they would be surprised that service people had digital cameras.

I thought I was joking (and the joke might seem disrespectful of military personel).

The joke is on me.

Conservative bloggers, acting on a tip from an anonymous viral email (seriously), have been running with a story accusing President Obama of "staging" his raucous meetings with US troops in Iraq. According to the chain email, and the bloggers, the troops' overwhelming support for their commander-in-chief was faked. You see, the Obama people hand-picked troops who only voted for Obama, the story goes, and then they gave them all very expensive $200 and $300 cameras in order to "take photos" of Obama, in a brilliantly coordinated stunt worthy of Capricorn One.

The proof? All the cameras in the photos of Obama with the troops are the same!

Except, of course, they're not.


Oh Aravosis links to Sargent.

No comments: