Site Meter

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Rifarsi una verginita (it) means to remake ones verginity in Italian.

The humor (such as it is) is based on the idea that this is impossible.

Oddly it is used to refer to people who have done something wrong and wish to redeem themselves (really honestly Italians do Not think there is anything wrong with ceasing to be a virgin).

Keith Olberman l'ha fatto (did it). It is clear that Murdoch and Imelt agreed to muzzle O'Reilly and Olberman. It is also clear that Mr Olberman was effectively muzzled for a while. Then a heroic defender of truth journalism and the American way reported the story (getting rated "worse" by Olberman) and Olberman had to choose whether to rifarsi una verginita or to be known as a whore.

I don't know what this is like. I have never had the opportunity to be a whore as no one has ever offered to pay for it.

He made the wise choice and denounced O'Reilly and Murdoch. Welcome back Mr Olberman.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always notice how the choicest Waldmann insults involve insulting and demeaning women. So typical, and so telling. Go on, find ways to insults women even more, you will.

Robert said...

I actually couldn't guess on which post the above commented.

I would like to stress that men can be virgins too (believe me, I know). There is nothing specifically female about virginity.