Site Meter

Thursday, May 03, 2012

Jason Zengerle's profile of Romney's spine Eric Fehrnstrom is excellent. My favorite part concerns the firing of William Monahan, Romney's neighbor ... who'd been nominated by Romney to serve as the chair of the state Civil Service Commission. Ferhnestrom told Monahan than Monahan was resigning

"He was very, very forceful and very abrupt," Monahan recalls. "It was just, 'Bang, you're out.' " It was also a message that Romney seemed incapable of delivering himself. Indeed, when Monahan appealed to the governor for mercy, he says Romney implied that Fehrnstrom had given him no choice: "He said his stomach was turning," Monahan recalls, "and that he didn't want to do this, but that his senior staff was unanimous that he had to ask for my resignation. He said he didn't want to do this but that he was outvoted.
"

Now that's what I call leadership.

Don't get me wrong. I don't have the guts to tell people to their faces that I have decided to fire them. But I don't claim to be qualified to be President of the USA (or manager of a hardware store) now do I ?

So which is it ? Romney ruthless vulture capitalist who likes to fire people or Romney whimp who takes orders from his subordinates ? I think it is Romney shameless liar and total egoist who feels entitled to fire other people and have still other people take responsibility.

Yech.

No comments: